OLD PLYMOUTH . UK
www.oldplymouth.uk
 

  Brian Moseley, Plymouth
Webpage created: January 04, 2020
Webpage updated: April 12, 2020

        

WHO WAS WHO IN OLD PLYMOUTH

SURNAMES - F

John Facey was Mayor of Plymouth for 1749-1750 and 1758-1759.

Robert Fanshawe was Mayor of Plymouth for 1773-1774 and for 1787-1788.

Mrs Anne Farley, wife and later widow of Mr Samuel Farley, baker, is credited with baking the first Farley's Rusk, invented by Mr William Penn Hele Eales (1809-1878) and later produced by Farley's Infants Food Limited.

John Finnigan was Lord Mayor of Plymouth for 1990-1991.

John Fletcher was chosen as Mayor of Plymouth for 1721-1722 but died the day after his election and was replaced by John Elford.

Arthur Raymond Stanley Floyd (1927-2004) was Lord Mayor of Plymouth for 1976-1977.

The Right Honourable Isaac Foot (1880-1960) was Lord Mayor of Plymouth for 1945-1946.

Sir Diggory Forest was Mayor of Plymouth for 1814-1815.

John Forrest was Mayor of Plymouth for 1756-1757.

A deed dated 1628 records that Mr Thomas Fownes had just erected an almshouse containing thirteen rooms on land between Bedford and Basket Streets, opposite Saint Andrew's Church.

Charles Alfred Fox entered into partnership with Mr David Roy and formed Messrs Fox, Roy and Company.

By his will dated August 23rd 1809, Mr Francis Fox (1765-1812), a prominent Quaker, left 1,200 for the purchase of a site and erection of six almshouses in Plymouth.

George Fox (1797-1882) entered into partnership with Mr Samuel Eliott and formed Messrs Fox, Eliott and Company Limited.   

Thomas Were Fox (c1793-1860).

Joseph Freeman was Mayor of Plymouth for 1778-1779.

Richard Freeman was Mayor of Plymouth for 1828-1829.

Robert Fuge was Mayor of Plymouth for 1795-1796.

James Henry Furguson was the founder of Messrs J H Furguson and Sons Limited, mineral water manufacturers.