Webpage created: April 26, 2021
Webpage updated: April 26, 2021
Exactly why the name of the adjoining County was used is not known. It may have been because it was the route out of the Market to Cornwall but it may also refer to the then Duke of Cornwall.
Cornwall Street was in existence by 1812.
One of the principal buildings erected in the Street was the Plymouth Proprietary Library.
It later transpired that Mr Jim Perry, of Huntley Villas, Plymouth, and Mr Albert Goodwin, of Efford, were the drivers of the B15 Ruston-style excavator used to demolish the buildings in preparation for the construction of the the present Cornwall Street during the Reconstruction of the City Centre.