Webpage created: February 24, 2019
Webpage updated: February 24, 2019
Billabiri Street was recorded in 1342. It had become Byllebury Street by 1440.
This may have been a place for gathering bilberries or whortleberries or it may have been a corruption of "billa's burgh", which Crispin Gill suggests was the original Saxon settlement on the northern shore of Sutton Pool.
Bilbury Street later became the middle section of Treville Street.
For a list of the occupants of Bilbury Street in 1852 CLICK HERE.