Webpage created: August 01, 2017.
Webpage updated: August 01, 2017
MAYFLOWER MUSEUM AND TOURIST INFORMATION CENTRE
Originally this was the site of the Brunswick Hotel. It is not known whether it dates from the same period as the adjacent Admiral MacBride.
When the Mayflower Steps were marked with a memorial in 1934 the Hotel changed its name to commemorate the event.
During the Second World War the Mayflower Hotel was destroyed by the bombing and demolished. The site lay empty for many years before the Council erected a totally out of character, modern building which housed the Trattoria Capri Greek Restaurant.
That itself gave way in 2006 to an even more pout of character Museum to commemorate the sailing of the "Mayflower" in 1620 and the building is also used as a Tourist Information Centre (TIC).