OLD PLYMOUTH . UK
Plus parts of the South Hams and West Devon
www.oldplymouth.uk
 

  Brian Moseley, Plymouth
Webpage created: September 03, 2018
Webpage updated: September 03, 2018

        

RAILWAYS IN OLD PLYMOUTH  |  LAUNCESTON BRANCH
BRANCH LINE, PLYMOUTH STATION (MILLBAY) TO LAUNCESTON STATION

CANN VIADUCT

Cann Viaduct, at 2 miles 15 chains mile post mileage from Tavistock Junction on the Launceston Branch, was originally a timber structure but work started on February 2nd 1905 in replacing it with one built of blue Staffordshire brick.

It was reputed to be 127 yards long and stood 63 feet high.  These dimensions cannot be guaranteed.

The new Viaduct was brought in to use on March 10th 1907.