Webpage created: May 19, 2018
Webpage updated: May 19, 2018
BICKLEIGH SIGNAL BOX
Bickleigh Station was initially provided with a Signal Box by the Great Western Railway Company in connection with the use of the Launceston Branch south of Lydford Station by the London and South Western Railway Company's trains to access Plymouth. Constructed by Messrs Saxby and Farmer, the Box was opened on February 21st 1876.
That Box was at some unknown time replaced by a 14-lever Box, on the Down platform, which itself was closed on or as from December 4th 1913.
Bickleigh's third Signal Box, on the Up platform, was brought in to use on the same date and had a 23-lever frame. The Box measured 25 feet by 11 feet.
Bickleigh Signal Box was closed on or as from December 31st 1962, when the Launceston Branch was closed.