Webpage created: April 28, 2020
Webpage updated: April 29, 2020
GENERAL POST OFFICE, SAINT ANDREW'S CROSS
The General Post Office at Saint Andrew's
The General Post Office, Spear's Corner, the temporary wartime expedient, closed on September 10th 1957.
As part of the reconstruction of the City Centre, a smart new General Post Office at Saint Andrew's Cross was officially opened by Mr Ken Thompson, Assistant Postmaster general, on September 10th 1957. It was opened to the public the following day.