Webpage created: May 15, 2020
Webpage updated: May 15, 2020
LONDON AND SOUTH WESTERN BANK
The London and South Western Bank was registered on November 1st 1862 and commenced business from headquarters at 27 Regent Street, London, the following year.
It had opened a branch at 24 George Street, Plymouth, by December 1863, where Mr A K Brittan was the manager, but this was closed ten years later.
The London and South Western Bank was absorbed into Barclays Bank in 1918.