Webpage created: July 21, 2017.
Webpage updated: July 21, 2017
ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF THE HOLY CROSS AND SAINT TERESA
The Roman Catholic Church of the Holy Cross and Saint Teresa is situated in Beaumont Road, Plymouth.
The present Gothic-style building was erected in 1854 at Teignmouth, Devon, to the designs of Mr C Hansom. When in 1881-82 a tunnel was opened out near Teignmouth railway station, the building was moved stone by stone to this site in Plymouth and re-erected. It was opened on December 20th 1881.
In 1888-89 the nave was extended and in 1907 the chancel and aisles were added by Messrs Scoles & Raymond.