Webpage created: July 28, 2018
Webpage updated: August 02, 2018
HEAD WEIR COTTAGE
Head Weir Cottage was built in 1871 by Plymouth Corporation for the family of the man they had appointed to take care of the head weir of the Plymouth Leat, Mr Mr William Shillibeer.
The site upon which
Burrator Reservoir was
Head Weir Cottage was demolished in 1894/1895, before the land was flooded, and replaced by Burrator Lodge in 1895.