OLD PLYMOUTH . UK
www.oldplymouth.uk
 

  Brian Moseley, Plymouth
Webpage created: May 13, 2020
Webpage updated: May 13, 2020

        

-

ARGYLE CINEMA

It has already been mentioned that Mr William James Linsdell held the licences for the Cinedrome in Ebrington and the Cinedrome on Mutley Plain. On December 21st 1921 the licence of the last-named was transferred to Mr John Mumford and he promptly changed the name to the Argyle Cinema.

Just before Christmas 1922 When the licence was transferred to Mr Samuel W Hodgess just before Christmas 1922, the cinema was referred to as the Roseville Empire.